We are very excited to announce an upcoming performance showcasing music composed by you, the local composers of South Australia. Whether you’ve written 100 pieces or 1 piece, we encourage you to submit an entry!
If your piece is chosen for the performance, you will receive:
- A workshop session with the Woodville Concert Band to rehearse the piece
- The opportunity for your piece to be performed by the Woodville Concert Band
- 2 free tickets to the performance
Please submit your piece as:
- A transposed conductor score as a single PDF
- An additional single PDF of all parts combined into one file
- (optional) A recording of the work (synthesised or live) is recommended but not required
Submissions are open from 12:01am 15 July 2021 to 11:59pm 15 October 2021. Submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The recommended instrumentation is as follows:
Flute 1, 2
Clarinet in B Flat 1, 2, 3
Alto Saxophone 1, 2
French Horn in F 1, 2
Trumpet in B Flat 1, 2, 3
Trombone 1, 2
Euphonium in B Flat
Percussion (Drum Kit, Marching Snare, Concert Bass Drum, Xylophone, Vibraphone, Glockenspiel, Cymbals, Auxiliary Percussion)
Pieces with a different instrumentation may be submitted, but the performance of the work is not guaranteed due to instrument availability. For any queries regarding instrumentation, please email email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
Entrants must reside primarily in South Australia. Late submissions will not be considered. Winning submissions will be announced approximately four weeks after the submission closing date. While there is no duration requirements, pieces approximately three to eight minutes in length will be preferred.